Vegan nut cake without applesauce or banana as an egg substitute
On cold days you often tend to develop a craving for sweets.
We’re probably like everyone else.
And if you don’t want a vegan marble cake or one of our delicious yeast pastries such as our cinnamon rolls, we can recommend our super moist vegan nut cake! In all of these recipes wo do not use any apple sauce, banana or any other “substitude” for eggs, by the way.
Our moist and soft nut cake gets by with just a few ingredients that are basically always on hand and is quickly stirred together.
The cake gets what we think is a great texture from the ground and chopped nuts.
This just makes it a little more exciting on the tongue.
A little hint:
With some cinnamon or tonka beans in the batter, you can make the taste a little more Christmassy.
You will also get more of the nutty aroma in the cake if you toast the nuts in a pan without oil beforehand. But be careful: when the nuts give off their characteristic smell, take them directly from the stove and also from the pan! Ground nuts in particular burn easily in the still hot pan!
- loaf pan
- 300 g of flour
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 50 g of chopped almonds
- 220 g of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 packet of baking powder (16g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 ml rapeseed oil
- 300 ml plant drink (e.g. oat milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 100 g chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° top / bottom heat.
- Grease a loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- For the dough, first mix all the dry ingredients together.
- So stir together flour, ground and chopped nuts, as well as sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Mix the vanilla extract with the oil, vegetable drink and apple cider vinegar in a second bowl.
- Now briefly stir the mixture together with the dry ingredients and then pour them directly into the loaf pan.
- If you want, you can spread chocolate drops on the dough.
- The cake is baked in the oven for about 55 minutes. If it gets too dark, cover it with some aluminum foil.
- The chopsticks test helps to find out if the cake is ready.