Summer pasta dish
Zucchini is a great vegetable, which can now also be found in many people’s gardens at home.
In addition to zucchini soup and a colorful risoni vegetable pan from the oven, we have this great recipe for garlic zucchini pasta for you.
You only need a few ingredients for this and especially if you are not a fan of heavy sauces, this recipe is a great change from the usual cream sauces.
This is how the garlic zucchini pasta is prepared:
First the zucchini is sliced. They are sliced too thin for my taste. But if you have an adjustable grater, that makes things easier of course! The zucchini slices are fried in a little olive oil. Make sure that the slices are fried individually next to each other. This way they will brown more evenly. Therefore, choose a rather larger pan. While the zucchini is frying, you can put on the pasta water and cook the pasta al dente. When draining, save about a ladleful of pasta water.
When the courgettes are lightly browned on both sides, place them on a plate or board lined with kitchen paper so that they can release some of the fat into the cloth. Now you can lightly salt and pepper the slices.
Peel the garlic and cut into slices or cubes. You can do it however you like the garlic. You then put this in the pan in which you previously fried the zucchini. You can keep using the olive oil. The chilli flakes are also added to the pan and roasted together with the garlic.
Then the cooked noodles and the zucchini slices come into the pan. Mix well and add 2 tablespoons of pasta water. Let everything boil up briefly and see if the consistency is right. You can adjust this to your taste with more pasta water and a little olive oil.
Finally season with salt, pepper and lemon zest. You should definitely add the lemon zest towards the end so that the aroma is preserved.
A little hint:
If you want to refine the taste of the recipe a bit, you can also add some thyme, preferably fresh, which is also great with garlic zucchini pasta.
Garlic Zucchini Pasta
- 2 zucchini (medium size)
- 250 g linguini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp pasta water
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- Cut the zucchini into slices about 3mm thick.
- Set up a pan and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Fry the zucchini slices on both sides over medium heat until they have taken on some colour.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta al dente according to package directions.
- When they’re done, drain them and save about a ladleful of the pasta water.
- Lay out the lightly browned courgettes on a kitchen towel and remove some of the oil. You can season the zucchini slices with a little salt and pepper.
- Peel the garlic clove and cut into fine cubes.
- Once the zucchini is done, add the garlic to the pan with the remaining oil from the zucchini.
- The garlic is now briefly roasted together with the chilli flakes. The garlic should turn slightly brown to get the aroma.
- Then the drained noodles and the zucchini slices are added. Mix everything well and first add 2 tablespoons of pasta water.
- Let the whole thing boil up briefly, then season with salt, pepper and a little lemon zest. If everything gets too dry, add a little more pasta water and add a little olive oil to taste.