Sometimes it just has to be something sweet, but you can do without the guilty conscience after a hastily devoured chocolate bar. It’s good, for example, to have this delicious chia pudding in the fridge!
Our version does not contain sugar and is made with white chia seeds. But you can also use the usual dark chia seeds. As a sweet topping, we pureed strawberries to match the strawberry season and added them on top. That makes it nice and fruity. But you can – especially if you are preparing for the office the day before, for example – simply take frozen fruit and add them directly to the chia pudding after mixing. When swelling overnight, the fruits thaw and form a fruity sauce on the pudding.
As far as the plant-based drink is concerned, everything is up to you. As a summer variant, we have already prepared it with a coconut-rice drink, for example, but oats or almond drinks are basically also suitable.
Chia pudding with strawberries
- 30 g chia seeds
- 200 ml vegetable drink (e.g. oat drink)
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or other liquid sweetness of your choice)
- 1 handful of strawberries (or other fruit as a topping)
- Put the chia seeds with the plant drink and maple syrup in a sealable container and mix.
- Let the mixture steep in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or better overnight.
- Just before serving, clean and puree the strawberries. Pour this over the pudding as a topping before serving.