Mediterranean pan veggies for the whole family
We basically all know how important vegetables are in a healthy diet. Fortunately, vegetables can be used in so many different ways, raw, cooked, as a salad, in sauces, as a casserole or soup. Often there are small amounts of vegetables left over. Then soups are particularly suitable. But the recipe that we are presenting to you today is also perfect if you still have one or two vegetables lying around.
Our super simple and delicious pan veggies from the oven is a great family meal because the kids like them too.
-Even if it was difficult to explain the first time that it is basically a noodle pan, with noodles that look like rice …;-)
Since you only have to do a little preparatory work and the oven does the rest, it doesn’t feel that laborious and you can devote yourself to something else while the whole thing is cooking.
A little hint:
If you like, you can also give your pan veggies a stronger Mediterranean touch by adding a vegan feta alternative. Another variation is to gratinate this oven dish with vegan cheese.
Are you looking for a simple pasta dish? Then maybe this one pot pasta arrabiata is something for you. Or have we whetted your appetite for a risotto? Then this mushroom risotto might be exactly what you are looking for!
Pan veggies from the oven
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 140 g bell pepper
- 140 g zucchini
- 50 g carrot
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 glass of chickpeas (230g drained)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 230 g risoni (for example from lentils)
- 1.5 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika powder noble sweet
- 1 tsp salt
- 520 ml of vegetable stock
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- Peel onion and garlic and chop finely.
- Wash and dice the peppers, zucchini and carrots as well.
- The carrots or vegetables with a significantly longer cooking time should be cut into small pieces so that they are cooked with the other vegetables.
- Drain the chickpeas and set aside.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in an ovenproof pan and sauté the onion and garlic in it.
- Then add the carrot cubes (or other veggies with longer cooking time) and cook for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top / bottom heat.
- Next, add tomato paste, risoni, oregano and paprika powder to the saucepan and roast for 1-2 minutes.
- Now deglaze with the vegetable stock, add the peppers, zucchini and chickpeas, bring to the boil briefly.
- Add salt and herbs to taste and put the pan in the oven.
- In the meantime, wash the cherry tomatoes (if you like, leave them on the panicle) and add them after 15 minutes of baking.
- After another 10-15 minutes, the vegetable pan is ready and the risoni should be done.