When it comes to snacks, especially in stressful situations, one can often be tempted to eat just something and not pay so much attention to nutritional values and ingredients.
In these situations it is helpful to have something prepared in the refrigerator. How about some super quick peanut butter chocolate balls?
They can be made quickly and easily with a good blender and can also be kept in the freezer for a while if necessary.
If you want to have it sugar free, simply leave out the chocolate drops or use chopped sugar-free chocolate. These are sweetened with xylitol or dates, for example.
Peanut butter choc balls
- 8 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 60 g almonds
- 50 g peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 30 g flaxseed
- 45 g rolled oats
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 25 g chocolate drops (optional, best are small ones)
- possibly some water
- Put all ingredients except for the chocolate drops in a powerful blender and mix finely.
- To test whether there is some more liquid required, squeeze some of the mass between two fingers. If it sticks together, it's perfect. If not, add a little more (really only a few drops) of water and mix again briefly to stir.
- Then add the chocolate drops and briefly “pulse” again just to stir in the drops.
- Then shape balls out of the dough and refrigerate. Depending on the size you prefer you will get about 20 balls.