We love pasta! You too? Then you’ve come to the right place!
You can already find some more delicious pasta dishes on the blog. Today we show you a quick, summery twist with rocket, lemon and walnut.
The vegan rocket pasta is quick to make. While you are cooking the pasta, the sauce is also prepared and at the end the freshly cooked pasta combines with the creamy sauce.
We think tagliatelle fits perfectly for our vegan rocket pasta, but you can of course use any other type of pasta.
The almond butter makes the sauce creamier and if you don’t have it at hand, you can use cashew butter instead.
Quick vegan rocket Pasta
- 250 g of linguine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 160 g cherry tomatoes
- 40 g of walnuts
- 50 g arugula
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp yeast flakes (or vegan parmesan)
- 4-6 scoops of pasta water
- ½ lemon (juice from it)
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente.
- In the meantime, finely dice the garlic and sauté in a pan with the olive oil. Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes. Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Add the garlic to the pan and deglaze the pasta with a ladle of the cooking water.
- Stir in some sugar, almond butter and yeast flakes.
- Add 2 more ladles of pasta water and let simmer.
- At the same time, wash the rocket, shake dry and chop roughly.
- When the noodles are al dente, drain (reserving some of the cooking water) and add them directly to the sauce in the pan. Mix everything together and add more cooking water if needed. Remove the pan from the heat and also add the rocket to the pasta. Mix again and season with fresh pepper and a little lemon juice before serving.
- Top with the walnuts as a topping.