Sometimes it just has to be quick and for days like this it is simply good to have canned food in the house.
For us, these are mostly chickpeas and beans.
But lentils and beetroot can also be found in our pantry.
They are also available in good quality preserved in jars or cans.
We use beetroot from the jar more often as a component of a bowl or, as in this recipe, in salads.
For our quick lentil salad with beetroot, we use the lentils and the pre-cooked beetroot as an abbreviation for this simple, but super tasty and filling salad.
As a side dish or as a main course for the office, it is simply perfect.
Lentil salad with beetroot is rich in a wide variety of nutrients such as proteins and minerals.
Including folic acid, calcium and magnesium. But also vitamin C and various B vitamins are included.
Quick lentil salat with beetroot
- 1 glass of red lentils (220g drained weight)
- 150 g beetroot (cooked)
- 1-2 spring onions
- ¼ bunch of parsley
- 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp of oil
- Drain, rinse and drain the red lentils in a colander.
- Now dice the beetroot and place in a large bowl.
- Wash and dry the spring onions and parsley. Then cut the spring onion into thin rings and coarsely chop the parsley.
- Next, stir up the dressing.
- Mix together apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup and finally oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Now put the lentils, spring onions and dressing in the large bowl with the beetroot. Now stir the whole thing properly.
- Finally, add the chopped parsley and taste it.