In autumn, many think of pumpkins and chestnuts. Yes, of course we think about that often.
But today mushrooms came to mind first.
Some people like to go into the woods to collect mushrooms themselves in autumn.
Either way, mushrooms are in season right now and we wanted to dedicate this easy and quickly prepared recipe to you in the form of a creamy mushroom soup.
It needs few ingredients and gets the nice taste of the mushrooms through the simmering and reducing. After simmering, the soup is pureed and a few but effective ingredients are seasoned.
We love bread with it, but we also often have croutons made from wholemeal toast.
To do this, we cut the toast slices into cubes and roast them in a pan with plant-based butter.
If you like, you can also season the croutons for example, with garlic powder or paprika.
Such crispy bread cubes are of course also great for salads, but they also look great on our mushroom cream soup!
Creamy mushroom soup
- 250 g mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder (spicy)
- 1/2 lemon (the juice from it)
- approx. 150ml plant-based cream
- a little parsley
- 2 slices of toast (optional)
- 1 tsp plant-based butter (optional)
- Clean the mushrooms (do not wash with water) and cut into coarse strips.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Now heat the oil in a saucepan and steam the onion and mushrooms in it. This should take about 5-7.
- Then deglaze with the vegetable stock and simmer for a while with the lid open.
- When the taste is strong enough (but keep in mind that vegetable cream is added), the soup can be pureed.
- Then let it simmer again and season.
- Now paprika powder, lemon juice and plant-based cream are added.
- We like the taste of parsley. That’s why we like to add parsley at the end.
- Otherwise you can leave them out or add them to the soup later as a decoration.
For the croutons, cut the toast slices into cubes and toast them in a pan with the butter until golden brown. Then serve directly with the soup and enjoy crispy. If you don’t have a good mixer or hand blender and you want it to be particularly creamy,
you can pass the soup through a fine sieve at the end.