Today we have a nice, soft little something for you. She is a dream made of yeast dough and chocolate and will make you absolutely happy!
Our chocolate babka is so delicious, soft and a real eye-catcher. -Ok, it takes a little practice creating the babka’s unique pattern, but the result is a great reward! And unlike yeast plaits, there is no need to braid here, the dough strings are just twisted into each other.
- 500 g spelled flour type 630
- 250 ml plant drink
- 110 g plant-based butter
- 90 g of sugar
- 1 pinch of ground vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cube of yeast
- 2 tbsp plant drink (e.g. soy milk)
- 5 tbsp chocolate cream
- Warm up the vegetable drink and melt the butter in it. Let cool down lukewarm before crumbling the yeast in. Dissolve the yeast in the plant drink and add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Set aside in a warm place for 15 minutes. After a few minutes, small bubbles should form on the surface because the yeast has been activated. (This is not necessary if dry yeast is used, just mix this directly with the other ingredients)
- In the meantime, mix the flour, sugar, vanilla and salt in a bowl.
- Add the vegetable milk and yeast mix to the flour mixture and stir well. It is best to knead with a food processor for 10-15 minutes.
- But kneading by hand is also good. You need some perseverance, but you can tell very well when the dough is pliable.
- Cover the dough in the bowl with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place for 60 minutes. The volume should double during this time.
- When the volume of the dough has doubled, knead again briefly and roll out on a floured surface in a rectangular shape (approx. 30 x 45 cm).
- Brush the rolled out dough with the chocolate cream and roll it up. Cut the roll long with a sharp knife and twist the two parts into each other.
- Grease a round mold (25 cm diameter), dust it with flour and place the babka in the mold. Cover again with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- After 30 minutes, brush the babka with plant-based drink, place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until it is golden brown.