Today we came up with a special dessert for special occasions. Cakes and cupcakes are great when visitors come. But if you are planning a festive menu, you can put in a little effort, we thought.
So here is our semi-frozen hazelnut. There is also a chocolate sauce, but what you won’t find in the recipe is refined sugar.
For this sweet temptation, you absolutely need a good high-performance blender. It does most of the work for you too. But see for yourself:
Semi-frozen from haselnuts with chocolate sauce
- food processor
cream for the semi-frozen
- 200 g hazelnuts (whole)
- 700 ml of water
- 180 g dates (pitted and chopped)
- 3 tbsp potato starch
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 gr pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vodka optional
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tbsp nut butter e.g. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3-4 tbsp water
- The shell of the hazelnuts must first be removed.
- To do this, roast the nuts in the oven (laid out flat on a baking sheet) or in a pan without fat.
- Keep an eye on the nuts, they burn quickly.
- When the peel has slightly taken on color and you can smell the nut aromas, you’re ready.
- Place on a kitchen towel, gather the ends like a bag and rub the nuts together in the towel. The shell should come loose. Do this for a while until the skin is largely rubbed off.
- Put the peeled hazelnuts together with the water in a high-performance mixer and mix until you have a fine cream or the nuts are very fine. This takes a few minutes and the mass becomes quite light.
- Now add the remaining ingredients.
- So put the dates, starch, vanilla and salt in the blender and mix again for a few minutes. The mixture gets a little warm, but that’s okay.
- Now season the mass to taste. Is the sweetness sufficient and already creamy enough? Gff. Add a little more date syrup or other liquid sweetness and mix again.
- Finally, optionally add a little vodka. This should make the consistency a little creamier.
- Now prepare the chocolate sauce:
- Mix the rice syrup, nut butter, cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Depending on the consistency, add a little more water if necessary. The sauce can be thick, but it should flow. Also here briefly taste whether the sauce is sweet enough.
- Now line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- The bottom of the loaf pan will later be the top of the semi-frozen one. Therefore, first put some nuts or fruits in for decoration and sprinkle with a little chocolate sauce. Then add part of the nut mixture and layer in alternation with the chocolate sauce.
- Then put the whole thing in the freezer and freeze for about 4 hours.
- We do not recommend leaving it in the freezer for so much longer as it will lose its creaminess.
- Take out of the freezer about 15 minutes before serving and turn out onto a platter. Now peel off the baking paper and let it thaw a little. If it is already completely frozen, it will take a little longer to thaw. Now cut into slices and serve.