Are you often bored of what you make for breakfast every day? And the finished spreads that you can buy are quite expensive and somehow not exactly your taste?
Try our cashew spread to create a tasty spread yourself. You need a good blender to make the mixture nice and creamy. But the result is a deliciously hearty paste that you can use for any bread or sandwich.
- 150 g cashews
- 1/2 onion
- 1 handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Soak the cashews in cold water overnight. You can also pour boiling water over the cashews and soak for 30 minutes.
- Puree the nuts with tomato paste, sambal oelek, mustard, olive oil, salt and lemon juice in a blender to a smooth mass.
- Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Also chop the parsley, add to the cashew mixture with the onion and mix well.
- I put the spread in a screw-top jar so it’ll keep in the fridge for a few days.