The end of the working day has been a long time coming and the stomach is growling. Maybe you already have some hummus left over. Then quickly cook some pasta and you can almost start enjoying!
For a particularly spicy hummus, we have put together a recipe for you here that can be used with pasta with little effort, but also as a dip for all sorts of things. We used it as a quick hummus pasta.
If you don’t have paprika in the house, you can use Sambal Oelek or Ajvar. Smoked paprika powder should go just as well.
Cress is ideal as a topping with many micronutrients. You can sprinkle them almost anywhere and get valuable nutrients in passing.
Quick Hummus Pasta
- 360 grams of pasta
- 5 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 jar of chickpeas (220g drained weight)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini (light)
- ½ tsp salt (to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 ml cold water
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp chili flakes (to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika (alternatively sambal olek or ajvar)
- some radish cress as a topping
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Wash and halve or quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a good blender.
- There is also the peeled clove of garlic, as well as tahini, salt, lemon juice, cumin and the good olive oil.
- Prepare the ice cold water.
- To get a nice and spicy pasta dish, paprika powder, chilli flakes and paprika paste are added to the hummus.
- Blend the whole thing together until you get a nice smooth and creamy consistency. Gradually add the cold water.
- If the consistency is ok, taste it. The hummus should be seasoned a little more strongly, as the pasta will still absorb the flavor.
- Now mix the hummus with the freshly cooked pasta and the tomatoes and add some cress