Some dishes could be eaten at any time of the day, even if it might be unconventional. But cold pizza for breakfast is kind of okay and pudding for breakfast !?
Of course! Thanks to Pudding Oats, you can now make it very creamy and chocolaty for breakfast without feeling guilty. The oats are cooked like porridge and can be served as a pretty bowl with anything you like.
In our example, we used strawberries for the fruity component (luckily it’s strawberry time!) and the crunchy part is made up of banana chips and puffed amaranth. Nuts should not be missing either and can be eaten in the form of nut butters or chopped nuts.
Well, do you already feel like having ideas about what you would put on your pudding oats? Come on and try!
Chocolate pudding oats
- 30 g of oatmeal
- 200 ml plant-based drink
- 100 ml of water
- 10 g cornstarch
- some vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 1-2 tsp maple or date syrup
- some fruit and seeds as a topping
- Put the oatmeal, plant-based drink and water (put 2 tablespoons of the water aside) in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the left 2 tablespoons (cold) water and add to the saucepan. Stir well as it thickens into a "pudding".
- Now reduce the heat and add the vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- While stirring constantly, add the cocoa and maple syrup or other sweetener and stir in. If the mass becomes too thick, just add some water or plant-based drink.
- Now remove from the heat and place in a bowl. Serve with a few fresh and dried fruits, nuts and seeds. Nut butters are also great and bring great nutrients with them.