We love this kind of recipes because they are inexpensive and everything else is ready in the time the pasta takes to cook. Perfect for busy week days to resist the urge to call the delivery service. By the time he delivers, you will have your fresh, healthy meal already in front of you.
Spaghetti with cherry tomatoes & baby spinach
- 200 g spaghetti
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 50 g baby spinach
- 30 g pine nuts
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packaging.
- In the meantime, peel and finely chop the onion and garlic, halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes. Then add the cherry tomatoes, a little salt and about 100ml of the pasta water and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is creamy.
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan without oil and set aside.
- Wash the baby spinach, add to the tomato sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta at the end of the cooking time and mix with the tomatoes and spinach in the pan.
- Arrange the spaghetti on plates and sprinkle with pine nuts.
An additional tip for you if you are currently on a certain diet: vary with the type of pasta. For more protein, use lentil or chickpea noodles, for example. If you can’t toelrant gluten, you’ve probably already found a pasta that suits you. But also for everybody else, there is a gluten-free version made from corn and rice flour. We ourselves mostly use whole grain noodles, which is a little more nutrient-rich than simple wheat pasta.